"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Aim of ROTA's Volunteer Program
The Volunteer Program of Reach Out To Asia strives to create a movement of volunteers and responsible global citizens within Qatar, that actively carry out initiatives to improve the general well being of their local communities and make a positive impact on the lives of the less fortunate across Asia.ROTA has managed to empower many people over the last two years to make a positive difference in thousands of lives and to strengthen even its foundations in the Qatari society. Volunteers give freely of their time and expertise in order to make a difference. Being a ROTA volunteer offers many benefits in appreciation of the gift of your time and expertise.
Volunteering can help:
Becoming a volunteer
"It takes a whole village to raise a child" - Ancient African Proverb
It takes many people with a wide variety of skills and experiences to positively influence a community. We welcome anyone wanting to become part of our volunteer team.
Volunteers are involved in one-time events as well as ongoing commitments. Some choose to volunteer with all our programs whereas others are more selective. Volunteers can work on their own or with others; do hands-on work or volunteer at an administrative and support level.
To become a member of the Volunteer Team please fill out the online application form, for more information contact us on +974 4454 1603.
Here are the steps required to use the application form
- Click on 'apply to be a volunteer' on top of the page
- If you do not have a ROTA user account, you will need to create one
- Check your mailbox for your login details
- On the rota portal, login using the user name and password you received by email. If you get lost use in the email we sent to you
- Complete all four steps of the application (step 1 - Step 4)
- After you completed the application, you will receive a PDF copy of your record
- To be approved a volunteer, you will need to complete an orientation session at ROTA, afterwhich you will be confirmed as a volunteer
International Volunteer Trips
Reach Out to Asia’s Volunteer Program has been conducting International Volunteer Trips since 2006. Through trips to Pakistan, Cambodia, Nepal and Indonesia, the Volunteer Program has sought to create a movement of volunteers and responsible global citizens within Qatar that actively carry out initiatives to make a positive impact on the lives of communities across Asia.
Adult Professional Volunteer Program
The ROTA Adult Professional Volunteer Program seeks to engage adult professional Qatar-based volunteers who can support ROTA’s in-country partners and their projects across Asia by completing short-term volunteering assignments. ->